When you get a healthy,nutrient-dense diet,you’re giving your body the fuel is needs to meet the tasks of daily,as well providing healing nutrients for maintenance and repair.Use the following guidelines to create an optimal diet,based on your food preferences.
- Center your diet around foods from plant sources,including fruits and vegetables.whole grains,beans,nuts and seeds.As much as possible,choose organic,locally grown foods.
- Use extra-virgin olive oil as your principal fat.Other healthful fats include organic butter and coconut oil(in mderation),avocados and fresh nuts and seeds.
- Strive for a rainbow of colorful fruits and vegetables,and focus on those richest in phytonutrients,such as dark leafy greens,cruciferous vegetables,root vegetables,berries,grapes and pomegranates.
- Season you food with fresh and organic dried herbs and spices:most culinary herbs have potent antioxidant activity.Anti-inflammatory herbs such as tumeric and ginger are especially beneficial.
- Consume moderate amounts of organic pasture-raised dairy products.eggs,and wild-caught or sustainably-raised fish and seafood.if you meat,choose organic poultry and grass-fed meat or wild game.
- Drink pure water(spring or filtered)and a variety of reas as your .primary beverages Black,green and herbal teas are good sources of phytochemicals and antioxidants(limit caffeinated teas to 2 cups daily)