Skeletal fluorosis: a complicited illness that occurs when to much fluoride has accumulated in your bones it has a number of stages. The first two stages are pre-clinical,which means you may not feel any symptoms but changes have already taken place in your body.
In the fist pre-clinical stage, biochemical changes occur in your blood and bone composition: in the second stage,changes can now be seen in biopsied bone samples Once your are in the early clinical stage of Skeletal Fluorosis your symptoms may include:
- Pain in your bones and joints
- Burning,prickling,and tingling in your limbs
- Muscle weakness
- Chronic fatigue
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Reduced appetite and weight loss
In the second stage of toxic Skeletal Fluorosis
you may experience the following unhealthy symptoms
- Constant pain in your bones and stuff joints
- Brittle bones and Osteosclerosis
- Calcification of tendons,ligaments of ribs or pelvis
- Osteoporosis in the long bones
- Bony spurs may also appear on your limb bones,especially around your knee,elbow,and on the surface of the tibia and ulna
In advanced Skeletal Fluorosis extremities become weak and moving your join.ts become difficult,and vertebrae partially fuse together,effectively crippling you.
Most Skeletal Fluorosis experts agree that ingesting 20 mgs of fluoride a day of 20 years or more can cause crippling Skeletal Fluorosis. Doses as low as 2-5 mgs per day can induce the pre-clinical and earlier clinical stages.
Your risk of Skeletal Fluorosis depends on more than just the level of fluoride in your water.it also depends on your nutritional status,intake of vitamin D and protein,amount of calcium and ratio of calcium to magnesium in your drinking water as well as other factors.